- Meet the admissions requirements of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Have a science-based bachelor’s degree preferably in one of the following disciplines: soil science, agricultural sciences, environmental science, geology, geography, ecology, forestry, or civil engineering.
- Note: If a prospective student has a non-science bachelor’s degree (e.g., BA in Geography, Planning, Environmental Studies), please contact the Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation.
- In addition, a background in introductory (first-year university equivalence) economics, geology, statistics, GIS, physical geography, or soil science is recommended.
How to apply:The following is a summary of materials required for a complete application.
- Apply for the Master in Land and Water Systems program by filling out the Online Application Form through the UBC Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. APPLY NOW
- Statement of Intent. Provide a letter that outlines your intent for pursuing the MLWS degree and how it will enhance your academic and professional expertise. Describe your career objectives upon completion of your degree. Maximum 500 words.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). Provide an up-to-date CV that summarizes your education (degrees, diplomas, continuing education); work experience; professional certifications; academic and professional awards; achievements, honours, or other distinctions you have received; volunteer experience.
- Reference Letters. You will need to include a total of three (3) letters of reference in your application. At least one reference must be academic, and at least one reference must be related to professional or work experience in an appropriate field.
Lia Maria Dragan
Graduate Programs Assistant
Faculty of Land and Food Systems
English language requirementIELTS test: A minimum overall band score of 6.5 is required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic (NOT general) IELTS test. TOEFL: The minimum overall TOEFL score required for all applicants to the Faculty of Graduate Studies is 90.
For more information, visit https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/english-proficiency-requirements